Thursday, January 22, 2015

Blog Post #2

Mr. Dancealot

In the video, Mr. Dancealot, Mr. Dancealot tries to show his students how to dance through a powerpoint. He didn't let any of the students participate, he only used the powerpoint. The only think he demonstrated was the "foxtrot" but the students were not allowed to stand up to watch. The class would of been more successful if he would have shown all the dance moves. This video shows that you have to let children interact to learn.


Teaching in the 21st Century

When I watched the video, I think that teaching is rapidly changing everyday. I also think that we should teach with the most updated devices and keep up with media. If you don't teach with the most updated devices, how are children suppose to go out into the world and be successful? It would be very hard on the children. 


Networked Student

When I watched the video, Networked Student, I understood the concept of the video, but I do not agree with the video. I would rather the teacher take each task step by step. I like having structure to a course. I also like have a teacher there were I can ask question. I think it is good for students to have a relationship with their teacher also. 


Hardness your students' digital smarts

Vici Davis uses all kinds of technology to connect her students to her world. Every student is different. Vici believes all students cannot learn with a pen and paper. She expects them to look up a word if they don't know what it is. She shows the students how to use the new software. Davis doesn't teach her students everyday, she has different ways of teaching that keeps the students involved. 


Who's ahead in Learning Race?

Watching this video, completely blew my mind at how advanced first graders are. If these students are this good with computers and software now, I can only imagine how good they are going to be when they attend college. I think learning the material at a young age is good for the students. In my opinion, Elementary students are ahead in the learning race. 


Flipping the Classroom

Flipping the Classroom, is completely new to me. I love the idea of flipping the classroom. There are so many good things that come from this idea. I like that the students are doing work at home with the parents. Flipping the classroom keeps the parents involved in the classroom. This will help me in my classroom because I want to use this idea and I think it will be helpful


Bringing the locker room to the classroom

Allowing students to work as a "team" is rewarding in my opinion. It brings all the children's ideas together. It is always a positive attribute if a person is open to new ideas.  I feel this method would drive students to learn more. 

2 comments:

  1. I thought these videos were very informative on the way technology in the classroom is changing. I also love the idea of "flipping the classroom" and think that it can be very useful to reinforce the skills and ideas we are teaching. They can get a taste of it at home and get the chance to figure it out on their own and at their own pace, then they can come into the classroom and get help with any difficult concepts. It definitely helps save time in class! I can see how students working in networks could be difficult since there is a lot of freedom to the lessons, but I also think that it would be good to use on occasion in order to get students to try to figure things out for themselves rather than just being told.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post! Always make sure to have clickable links to any video, article, etc. you refer to.

    ReplyDelete